Here is a great recipe for a pre- as well as post-workout power smoothie that is one of my favorites.
- 3 Organic Carrots
- 1 Organic Beet
- 1/2 Organic Cucumber (peeled)
- 1 Organic Avocado (with seed)
- 1 Cup Organic Frozen Cherries
- 1 Cup Organic Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Cup Organic Frozen Blackberries
- 1 Handful Organic Kale (steamed)
- 1 Handful Organic Walnuts
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1 Scoop Grass-Fed Whey Protein
*A few things to note, the often disposed of avocado seed is packed with antioxidants, and is said to make up 70% of the avocado’s nutritional benefit. Also, note the steamed kale. Kale naturally contains oxalic acid to protect it from animals, insects and fungi. Oxalic acid is a toxin that can cause problems such as gout, kidney stones and muscle pains. Lightly steaming your kale helps to solve this problem while still ensuring you’ll get all the great nutrients the plant provides.